Saturday, May 28, 2011

Love it, love them: Baby Storm. Keeping fingers crossed


I don't care what the critics say, I say go for it. I think

Couple raises genderless baby.

However on the Huff Post there is a thoughtful and supportive and yes, critical look at the parent's choices.

I agree to not raise the kid in a "bubble." It will be interesting to see how the child sees itself...but are the parent's doing it with the child's best interest in mind? It's easy, in hindsight, for me, as a non cis-gendered individual to think pink hearts and yellow butterflies and wish this was me...but...

I do wonder about the experiment...is it really for the kids, or for the parents? I agree with Dr. Koplewicz that some gender traits are biological and not social, but I think the provocative experiment is good for us, society, maybe not Storm.

Here's to you, Storm, I hope you develop into a stable awesome person. I hope the media stays out of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment